Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Heat (Summer, and also a NEEDTOBREATHE album)

Hi.

I haven't blogged in much time, so let's make the comeback an update post. Cliche and lame, perhaps. :)

So. Finals week happened and was survived. Dr. Appold was gracious and gave me an A in Hebrew. So my GPA ended up being fairly respectable. Moving out was the worst. I was not ready, but thought I could be. I checked out after my check out time, barely ate all day, spent an extra night in Kirksville than planned (that part wasn't bad, just stressful in all plans being messed up). Bluh. Thank goodness Andrew is ridiculously patient and caring. And helpful and has muscles. Ha. (He doesn't know about this blog yet, either...)

Then off to Kansas City for da summer! It stormed like crazy on my drive and there was hail which was hella scary. Ohmygosh, I HATE driving in the rain and storms. But I survived.

Then Andrew met my family! We had a big day of lunch with the parents, touring parts of New Haven, a tour of my high school by me and Risa, meeting my amiga OP, one of the only people I've known my whole life, and dinner with Kasia and Madeleine. Whew. whataguy.

And then, after Risa's eighth grade recognition night, I headed back to Kansas City to let my summer really begin. So I've been here. Reading, and playing with my cousins' kids (Isaac, Noah (4), and Micah (2)), spending time with the family, and reading a lot. My reading slowed down a lot in the second month.

I got into a car wreck. My car is no more and I broke my thumb. I have to keep this thing on for 3 more weeks when I'm more mobile. But I can take it off and move it around some.
I'm a MONSTERRRR!
So that's been pretty cool. Actually, when I went to the hand doctor on Monday and he said 3 more weeks, I cried. Oops. It's been frustrating. My hope was to become ambidextrous in this, but that's not looking too great. I still have some hopes though. 3 weeks is a long time. I also decided not to buy another car. At least not 'til after I graduate. Then we'll see what happens then. It's been frustrating, as I said. I've been learning to be grateful that it was just a really small break in one finger and the other driver wasn't harmed at all. It's also been humbling to have this on my record and to have to ask for help with things like ponytails (which I'm actually getting fairly good at doing myself) and not being able to write well. God is good, and Jesus is King. Forever and ever, amen.

I've been thinking a lot. Those things'll have to be well thought out blog posts. :)

ooo, want a list of all the books I've read? Here you go!

  • The Secret Message of Jesus
  • Ella Enchanted*
  • The Horse and His Boy*
  • Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows*
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone*
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince*
  • Peter Pan*
  • Anne of Green Gables*
  • The Christian Atheist
  • Simply Jesus
  • The Hawk and the Dove Trilogy
  • Dynamics of Faith*
  • The Meaning of Marriage
  • The King Jesus Gospel
*re-reads

Whew. OH, and I read Tobit, too! That was cool. Also, many books of the Bible.

I visited Andrew at Camp Eagle 3 days after my accident. Shortest weekend ever. Fantastic though. Goodness. 40 more days until I see him again. We hiked all across creation on Saturday and talked all day! And sherpa-ed in the dark, and watched the stars. And then woke up to leave at 6:15 am for the airport. :( It had been so long. Man. I miss him. Bonus of the visit: hour and a half of visiting with Taylor Probst!

Other summer thus far highlights: 

Missy and Robbie's wedding! Catching the bouquet (there are fantastic pictures of that scenario on facebook). Molly and Spencer's wedding the next day, and my Wedding Weekend adventure with Cara. And all of the dancing and friends crammed into those two days. So. So. Good. 

THE COLOR RUN. I didn't run the whole thing because I'm out of shape, but it was fantastic!
Me and Cara.

Me and Emily.
Well, friends, thank you if you made it this far in the post. I hope to be posting more regularly! I'm car-less, so I'm freer to do such things, haha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment